Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Need a last minute WOW gift?

Have I got the pattern for you....

I didn't know I wanted to make a last minute gift and as I was reading some blogs I clicked over to Amanda Jean on CrazyMomQuilts.  Specifically this post...  She wrote up a pattern, started up a little shop, posted about it, I read it, I bought it and it's DONE!!

It took me three hours from start to finish...I think it would have taken less time, but I kept stopping to watch listen to Downton Abbey on PBS...(and now I read that I will only be seeing four  episodes instead of the UK version which  is seven episodes... grrrr... I might need to buy this on DVD. Oh I just found it at my local library...YIPPEE!!) 

So...I started here...

some white fabric...some little squares ... a ruler...a rotary cutter...SIMPLE..

Some quick sewing and the front is ready to quilt

Love that even I got perfect edges..with bias...

All quilted... Amanda even gives you ideas on quilting...with directions and everything...SIMPLE..
a little close up of the quilting... I love my walking foot..


FINISHED!!  Now I need an insert and I can wrap it up... Amanda has two versions of this pillow in the pattern. The next one will have binding...I read through the directions and they sound super easy..

I thought this would fit my current couch pillows, but alas mine are too puffy...so off I go to Joannes or Hobby Lobby with my coupons to get pillow inserts...today...before we get any more rain...and I will need to build an ARK!!    

I just know that more of these pillows are on my list...for next year...cause now I have to catch up with the cleaning and laundry and ironing and cooking and ...that won't be near as fun as it was to sew this up...

So where do you buy this pattern?  HERE... CLICK HERE... and while you are waiting for the pattern to be sent to you...hurry and get all your other Christmas stuff done...cause you are going to want to start this immediately...and you will need to hurry quick fast like a bunny cause it's a PDF and comes fast....

um.... if you run over to Amanda Jean's and buy the pattern, come back and tell me and I will put you into a draw for some precut Veranda by Amanda Murphy for Robert Kaufman..exactly like I used in this pillow..  You will have to add your own background but it doesn't take much..

Nancy

8 comments:

Melissa said...

What a great recommendation!! That pillow looks fantastic!! Well done!

Quiet Quilter said...

Clever! I have a walking foot..need to use it more often..

Lynne said...

Look at that beautifully symmetric quilting! Love those lines.

Anne D said...

Gorgeous. Love the quilting. I might have to buy that pattern.

Allie said...

That turned out so gorgeous - I LOVE the quilting!

Cindy said...

Your pillow is awesome!

Anonymous said...

cute Nancy...! Can't wait to see it stuffed..
Bev

trump said...

Nancy i saw that you have added my blog to your readers list, and i thank you so much for that. Merry Christmas to you and your family, and a happy and healthy new year. Richard